08. How Face-to-Face Events Build Online Community Engagement with Bree Wijnaar of The Tall Society
Bree Wijnaar created the Tall Society to put a spotlight on women of height. She discusses balancing a full-time job while also building an online community and hosting events. By building a purposeful business, which includes the The Tall Society and Tall Brunches, she has been able to create a safe environment for tall women and help create lasting friendships.
We also discuss the challenges of work/life balance and what she has done to try to maintain that balance.
- Bree was born and raised in Rotterdam (city in the Netherlands)
- She works for an International Hotel Company and is currently a Business System Analyst by day
- When Bree started The Tall Society 2 years ago, she didn’t see a spotlight on women of height and her mother encourage her to take action
- “I had an epiphany a few years ago where I realized I had to choose me” – Bree
- Bree realized working 70 – 80 hour a week was not something she wanted to do so she sought out to work smarter not harder
- We discussed balancing a 9-to-5, The Tall Society, and having a personal life
- To stay organized she keeps list and plans out her content in advance (2 months ahead)
- She now has contributors that help create amazing content for The Tall Society blog
- Consistency and engagement helped her build a community
- When she initially started she developed a 6 week plan that included figuring out how frequently she could post, what content she wanted to create, and when she was going to do her photo shoots
- TIP: Consistency is important for credibility and getting people to engage with your content
- We discussed lessons learned from putting together in-person events
- The tall brunches create a safe environment and help create lasting friendships
- We discussed the investment that goes into creating a brand: website, photography, videos, flights, and accommodations
- Not all influencers are making tons of money and she believes if you decide to be an influencer you should think about the goal and purpose
- She wants to see more of a spotlight on women of height and believes it’s up to people who have gone through the struggles to help others
- Upcoming Tall Society Tall Brunch Events
- Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck FB Group
- Can I Park Here Podcast
- A list of other tall bloggers
THE TALL SOCIETY
Love this content?
Subscribe to get more goodies!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.