09. Why Content Matters When You Choose a Website Theme
While on the phone with Astral Riles we began discussing why content matters when choosing a website theme. This episode captures the meat of that conversation and clarifies how the two have a direct correlation with each other.
- We discuss switching AstralRiles.com from WordPress to Shopify because her focus is now selling wall hanging
- Nache’ mentions that after signing up for Shopify for her home decor business, creativeroute.com, she made the money back within a month
- Nache’ stresses that the content will dictate what theme Astral should choose for her website because content matters
- The content and the theme is symbiotic. – Nache’
- Question: What do you want the customer to do, feel and see when they come to the homepage?
- We begin to walk through what Astral wants the customer to do when they come to her website
- We discuss her upcoming product photo shoot
- TIP: Before you purchase a theme contact the theme creator to make sure it has all of the features you want, like ability to display vertical photos
- TIP: Try to choose a theme that doesn’t have long strings of text going across the page
- Make sure the theme is Pinterest friendly by pinning an image on the preview theme page to make sure the images can be pinned easily
- TIP: Pay attention to how the logo is displayed and how much room they give you for it at the top
The Shopify Themes We Discuss
Stop Dreaming, Start Doing!
Subscribe to get inspired!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.