16. 10 Things You Can Do This Month to Improve Your Life
In this episode, I talk about focusing on 10 areas of your life to keep you happy, healthy and stress free. Sometimes doing the simple things we are reminded to do by doctors, parents and elders are all we need in order to gain clarity, happiness and enlightenment. Know that by making incremental improvements you can start seeing changes this month.
As someone who’s dug herself out debt, gotten organized and accomplish several goals, I hope that my lessons learned will help you make positive changes in your life.
10 Steps to Improve Your Life
- Organize your house, car, office, etc.
- Plan out your time using a planner or apps like Calendar 5 (my fav)
- Donate excess stuff to the Salvation Army
- List out all of your debt in an excellent sheet
- Negotiate with utility companies
- Recommended books:
- Girl, Get Your Money Straight: A Sister’s Guide to Healing Your Bank Account and Funding Your Dreams in 7 Simple Steps (the 1st book I ever read on money)
- 7 Money Mantras for a Richer Life: How to Live Well with the Money You Have
- Your Money and Your Man: How You and Prince Charming Can Spend Well and Live Rich (read this when I got engaged)
- The Money Book for Freelancers, Part-Timers, and the Self-Employed
- Pogue’s Basics: Money: Essential Tips and Shortcuts
- Check out Dave Ramsey Envelop System or for alternate approaches Suze Orman
- If you haven’t already listen to my podcast episode with the Finance Bar about financial preparedness
- Don’t ignore symptoms – GO TO THE DOCTOR!
- Don’t self diagnose – GO TO THE DOCTOR!
- Keep up with regular appointments: family doc, gyne, dentist, dermatologist, etc.
- Eat right
- Drink Water
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep (I use the FitBit Charge 2 to track sleep)
Investing in Personal Projects
- Do something that gives you enjoyment
- Not sure what that is? Try new things by signing up for classes or groups
- I love SkillShare! They have great course 20 minute courses
- Click here to get access to my FREE Life diagram
- Get a coach or mentor
- Sit with a friend and ask them questions about you
Find Your Tribe
- Who’s in your your inner circle (besties)?
- Whos in your outer circle (friends/associates)?
- Join organizations or networking groups
Always Give Your Best
- No matter if it’s work or something you’ve volunteered for — ALWAYS do your best!
- Always have pride in whatever you do, it’s a reflection of you
Be Truthful, But Mindful
- Know your audience and adjust the delivery of your message based on how best they will receive it
- Be truthful, but not hurtful
- Think before you talk
Be Confident, Approachable, Kind and Listen
- Confidence: don’t compare yourself, stand tall, make eye contact
- Be kind: We’re all human
- Listen: Don’t interrupt even if you don’t agree or are eager to give your idea
- Approachable: Smile, have positive body language, say hi to strangers
Take Time for Yourself
- Take a breath and do nothing for a day
- Netflix, DVR, Hulu, whatever is your thang
- Again, get sleep
- Take vacations
FREE Life Diagram
Writing down your goals for the future will help you accomplish them. Get this free diagram to get started.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.