20. Why Facebook Groups are Important for Finding and Creating Your Tribe
She’s back! With a little trickery, I convinced my good friend Astral Riles to join me for this week’s episode to discuss Facebook groups. Astral is well-versed in social media forums and also serves as the administrator for our Let’s Talk About Fashion Trucks Facebook group so she’s the perfect guest for this topic.
Continuing with my goal of increasing my networking this year, we discuss how Facebook group’s can be used to find your tribe, increase your network, learn a new skill, or gain support for any personal or professional endeavor. Hopefully this episode will inspire you to join a group or even create one of your own.
- What’s the difference between public, closed, and secret groups?
- Public: Anyone can join or be added or invited by a member; Anyone can see content
- Closed: Anyone can ask to join or be added or invited by a member; Anyone can see the group, however, only member can see content
- Secret: No-one can see the group or post except current or former members; To get invited you must be added or invited by a member
- Nache and Astral share a list of their Facebook groups
- Informs on the many uses of Facebook groups
- Astral shares tips on how to effectively serve as an administrator of a group
- Nache and Astral discuss the benefits of creating a Facebook group in addition to having a Facebook business page
- Advocates joining a Facebook group to explore topics of interest
- The Black Travel Movement (FB Group)
- Support is Sexy (FB Group)
- Tuesday’s Together (Rising Tide DC Chapter FB Group)
- Let’s Talk About Fashion Trucks (FB Group)
- Rising Tide Society (FB Group)
- Being Boss (FB Group)
- Mid Century Modern Chicago (FB Group – a favorite of Astral’s)
Stop Dreaming, Start Doing!
Subscribe to get inspired!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.