03. Financial Preparedness and Money Mindset with Marsha Barnes from The Finance Bar
Marsha Barnes is the creator of The Finance Bar and the free 5 Day Money Cleanse course. The Finance Bar is dedicated to helping women and couples achieve financial freedom. We discuss how to financially prepare for a new business, money mindset, and needs versus wants. This episode will help you get on track financially in life and business.
- Started with a mobile bus to meet people and discuss their finance journey
- The Finance Bar now has coaching suite
- Marsha has over 13 years experience in the banking industry
- Marsha works for the Finance Bar full-time
- Started out as a non-profit; parts of the business still are
- Earned money through the virtual members club and speaking engagement
- Did not want to be a struggling entrepreneur so made sure her business was thriving before doing it full-time
- Financial tips to reach your goal:
–Ask yourself “How much do you need to survive?”
–What are the things you need for your business?
–You should have a vacation account
–You will need to make temporary sacrifices to get to your financial goals
- We discuss money mindset and taking an internal look at self; who are you surrounding yourself with
- “We’re not enjoying life, we’re enjoying things” –Marsha
- Things change over the years and we need to mindful that what we have now might not be what we want in the future
- We discuss scarcity mindset – holding on to everything you have
- “Attach your life to a purpose” –Marsha
- We talk about people relying on tax refund checks and using that as their saving; Tip: Brace yourself to save it or use it to pay off debt
- Tip: Think about what you NEED for your business not what you WANT
- Invest systems, customer service, how are you going to make sells, and how you’re going to scale
- Focus in on books and podcast
- Financially Preparing To Be Your Own Boss – My Fab Finance – Tonya Rapley (course)
- The 5 Day Money Cleanse – The Finance Bar – Marsha Barnes (free course)
- Go-Givers Sale More – Bob Berg and John David Mann (book)
- Entrepreneur Roller Coaster – Darren Hardy (course)
- The Automatic Customer – John Warrillow (book)
THE FINANCE BAR
Facebook: The Finance Bar
Podcast: Studio 78
Stop Dreaming, Start Doing!
Subscribe to get inspired!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.