04. Earning an Income Through Affiliate Marketing with Corrinne Henderson of Search By Inseam
Yes, you can make money through affiliate links! Corrinne Henderson recognized a need in the niche market of tall fashion. After having trouble easily finding pants and jeans for her 35″ inseam she decided to create a website, Search by Inseam, that would allow tall women to easily find pants and jeans their length. Instead of keeping inventory, she decided to monetize her website through affiliate programs. This allowed her to obtain special links for tall clothing that she could earn a commission on when someone clicked on them.
Corrinne is a great example of how identifying a problem and implementing a solution can lead to a lucrative passive income business. Know that I use the word passive lightly because she does have to promote, blog, and maintain the site.
- Talks about her first job and how she wanted to be smartly dressed like her colleagues and happened to discover J Crew talls
- When J Crew talls went from 35″ to 36″ she realized her inseam was 35″ and she went on a search to find pants that were her length
- She realized a lot of people were also having trouble finding their inseam and then the website born
- While still working full-time at Amazon they allowed her to work on her website 10 hours a week
- 10 years ago she quit her job and decided to work on the site full-time
- Lightweight business model, affiliate marketing (where you get a commission for each sale)
- Expenses were very low starting out; she just had to pay for hosting
- Sent hard copy press releases to print magazines to get the word out; got picked up by InStyle, O, Self, Women’s World and others
- Currently she is doing co-marketing with a photography friend to help get the word out
- Designer jeans typically run tall
- We discuss the struggle of finding tall tops and tall plus size clothes
- Raising two little boys fills most of her time; she works during their nap time and at night
- Tall tops: J Crew, Banana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Gap, and Old Navy
- How do I measure my inseam?
- Dressing Your Truth (course) – Corrinne is a 4
- CJ Affiliate formally Commission Junction (affiliate site)
- Rakuten formally Link Share (affiliate site)
- Shop Style Collective (affiliate site)
- Amazon Affiliate Link Program
FIND SEARCH BY INSEAM
LinkedIn: Corrinne Henderson
Podcast: Studio 78
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.