08. How Face-to-Face Events Build Online Community Engagement with Bree Wijnaar of The Tall Society
Bree Wijnaar created the Tall Society to put a spotlight on women of height. She discusses balancing a full-time job while also building an online community and hosting events. By building a purposeful business, which includes the The Tall Society and Tall Brunches, she has been able to create a safe environment for tall women and help create lasting friendships.
We also discuss the challenges of work/life balance and what she has done to try to maintain that balance.
- Bree was born and raised in Rotterdam (city in the Netherlands)
- She works for an International Hotel Company and is currently a Business System Analyst by day
- When Bree started The Tall Society 2 years ago, she didn’t see a spotlight on women of height and her mother encourage her to take action
- “I had an epiphany a few years ago where I realized I had to choose me” – Bree
- Bree realized working 70 – 80 hour a week was not something she wanted to do so she sought out to work smarter not harder
- We discussed balancing a 9-to-5, The Tall Society, and having a personal life
- To stay organized she keeps list and plans out her content in advance (2 months ahead)
- She now has contributors that help create amazing content for The Tall Society blog
- Consistency and engagement helped her build a community
- When she initially started she developed a 6 week plan that included figuring out how frequently she could post, what content she wanted to create, and when she was going to do her photo shoots
- TIP: Consistency is important for credibility and getting people to engage with your content
- We discussed lessons learned from putting together in-person events
- The tall brunches create a safe environment and help create lasting friendships
- We discussed the investment that goes into creating a brand: website, photography, videos, flights, and accommodations
- Not all influencers are making tons of money and she believes if you decide to be an influencer you should think about the goal and purpose
- She wants to see more of a spotlight on women of height and believes it’s up to people who have gone through the struggles to help others
- Upcoming Tall Society Tall Brunch Events
- Let’s Talk About Fashion Truck FB Group
- Can I Park Here Podcast
- A list of other tall bloggers
THE TALL SOCIETY
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.