09. Why Content Matters When You Choose a Website Theme
While on the phone with Astral Riles we began discussing why content matters when choosing a website theme. This episode captures the meat of that conversation and clarifies how the two have a direct correlation with each other.
>>> Subscribe on APPLE PODCASTS | STITCHER | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PLAY <<<
- We discuss switching AstralRiles.com from WordPress to Shopify because her focus is now selling wall hanging
- Nache’ mentions that after signing up for Shopify for her home decor business, creativeroute.com, she made the money back within a month
- Nache’ stresses that the content will dictate what theme Astral should choose for her website because content matters
- The content and the theme is symbiotic. – Nache’
- Question: What do you want the customer to do, feel and see when they come to the homepage?
- We begin to walk through what Astral wants the customer to do when they come to her website
- We discuss her upcoming product photo shoot
- TIP: Before you purchase a theme contact the theme creator to make sure it has all of the features you want, like ability to display vertical photos
- TIP: Try to choose a theme that doesn’t have long strings of text going across the page
- Make sure the theme is Pinterest friendly by pinning an image on the preview theme page to make sure the images can be pinned easily
- TIP: Pay attention to how the logo is displayed and how much room they give you for it at the top
The Shopify Themes We Discuss
Facebook: Astral Riles
Podcast: Studio 78
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
Leave a Reply