101. Tips for Running a Successful Custom Wedding Invitation Business
California native Amanda Franz is the owner and creative director of Portland-based Wide Eyes Co., specializing in both ready-made and customized handcrafted stationery since 2012. With a background in Graphic Design, Amanda and her team are experts in creating one-of-a-kind stationery designs. Wide Eyes Co. is built around her love for innovation and personal artistic expression. It is an extension of her love for art, design, and creativity.
In this episode, Amanda discusses putting together a team, developing a pricing strategy and the importance of overcoming a fear-based mentality. We also dive into the importance of a CPA because she states, “Understanding the financials of your business equals more control over your business.”
- Amanda started her wedding invitation business on Etsy
- Initially, she hired friends to create watercolor elements for the design
- Tries not to look into what other invitation companies are doing unless assessing competition, to keep her brand unique
- Amanda discuss how she hired her illustrators
- We discuss creating a pricing strategy
- We talk about the importance of outsourcing a lawyer to help with items like contracts and having a CPA
- Importance of a CPA: “Understanding the financials of your business equals more control over your business”
- What is your gross profit?
- What is your net profit?
- Where are you spending and making your money!
- Lessons learned:
- Ask questions and don’t be afraid to be vulnerable
- You have to create a system for your business that you stick with
- Stay try to who you are and your values
- Overcoming fear-based mentality
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- THE JOURNAL: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- COURSE: Organization and Time Management Techniques to Become a Productive Entrepreneur
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- Etsy [marketplace]
- Asana [work management platform]
- Things [app]
- Evernote [app]
- Deep Work by Cal New Port
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen
Wide Eyes Paper Co
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.