103. Why Snail Mail Isn’t Dead and How to Diversify a Letterpress Business
Sara McNally is the owner of Constellation & Co., a letterpress greeting card company that uses the power of words and the magic of snail mail to connect people and make us all feel less alone. Her brick & mortar stationery shop and studio is home to antique printing presses, unique gift items, cards that will make you laugh &/or cry, and great conversations with people who totally get it. Each one of her cards and stationery gifts are printed, packaged, and sent on their way from our beautiful studio in the historic Seattle Fishermen’s Terminal.
In this episode, Sara talks to us about how she got started, prepping for stationery shows, and how the industry is changing. We dive into her store, wholesale, and her book, Snail Mail Superstar. Additionally, we discuss the power of snail mail and how it can not only be a moment of rest and reflection but how one single letter could possibly change someone’s life.
- Spent a year apprenticing with a local printer to learn letterpress
- To generate passive income she created a wholesale greeting card line
- 2014 launched her wholesale line at the National Stationery Show (NSS)
- Sara stays motivated by raising the stake, highering new people, focusing on deadline for shows, and prioritizing time with her son
- Discusses how she prepared for a stationery show in another state and why she’s decided not to do shows in the future
- She discusses how the industry is changing and why it’s important to do what’s best for you and your business
- Sara has connected with her audience by being vulnerable and connecting with her audience through snail mail and social media
- The Snail Mail Super Star Book is about the intersection of snail mail and grief
- After a customer suggestion, Sarah started a card club that sends out 4-6 curated cards they can be sent out to friends and family
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- COURSES: Check out my new Skillshare course on Milanote!
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy-to-use automations.
|Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel!|
- Paper Camp Conference by Proof to Product
- Ladies of Letterpress
- Snail Mail Super Star [book]
- Google Suite
- Todoist [app]
Wide Eyes Paper Co
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.