108. Self Publishing Poetry + How to Stay Motivated
By day Nicole Capó Martínez is a florist and retail manager; on nights and weekends, she moonlights as a writer, artist, and model. She wrote a manifesto for radical self-love, What Makes You Soft. This collection of poetry and short essays is a guide for your journey towards discovering yourself. After Hurricane Maria, she wrote Mother’s Tongue a memoir in essays and poems on growing up in Puerto Rico. It’s about wounds reopened after a crisis and on finding yourself even when you feel like you don’t belong.
In this episode, Nicole talks about the inspiration behind her books, how she stayed motivated, why she self-published, and the tactics she used to market her first book. We also discuss the importance of diversity in books and stock photography. Lastly, we discuss the importance of joining a community that uplifts and inspires you.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- What Makes You Soft by Nicole Capó Martínez [book]
- Soft Machine by Nicole Capó Martínez [book]
- She Loves Me [DC flourist]
- Mother’s Tongue by Nicole Capó Martínez [book]
- Kindle Direct Publishing [publish a book on Amazon]
- Duende District [pop up a bookstore in DC and Albuquerque]
- Unsplash [stock photos]
- Google Docs
- Salt and Sundry [DC Gift Store]
- TONL [multicultural stock photos]
- N Street Village [charity]
- Google Calendar
Nicole Capó Martínez
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.