109. Start Taking Action On Your Dreams in Five Steps
Learn about yourself. Knowing what makes you tick will help you determine how to move forward with your dreams.
Enneagram is mostly used for personal self-knowledge and personality development, offering a powerful tool for self-mastery, conflict resolution, team dynamics, leadership, and emotional intelligence. Because it identifies opportunities for development for each individual type, it has become widely used in areas such as counseling, psychotherapy, business development, parenting, and education. (source)
I’m an Enneagram 8, tied for second are 3 and 5:
Type 8, The Challenger
Type 3, The Achiever
Type 5, The Investigator
ACTION: Take the online test at the Enneagram Institute (RHETI version).
We all started out this year with goals; however, most of us have had to pivot because of COVID-19. For example, for me, speaking engagements and in-person workshops are out, so now I’m focusing on online courses, getting my YouTube subs up, and creating downloadables.
ACTION: Write down 2020 goals and commit.
Successful people continue to educate themselves. The amount of books, courses, videos, and conferences I’ve read, taken, and attended in the last decade is ridiculous. I’m always learning new things, but the trick is also to take action on what you’ve learned.
ACTION: During this time, dedicate one hour every day to learning. Make time for you.
You have to let go of that self-doubt. Now is the time to push through fear and get out of your freakin’ head! Nothing to it, but to do it. Fear of failure keeps people ordinary. To become extraordinary, you must do things that you are uncomfortable with. It’s hard, but sometimes you have to stop thinking about it and just jump! Today is the day, take action. It’s time to be confident and courageous.
Stay focused on your goals and start organizing your time and your thoughts. Reduce phone and TV time. I got up at 6:30AM this morning to outline this episode. Organize your days. Determine what you need to get done before you go to sleep tonight and DO IT.
ACTION: Be courageous, be confident, push past your fear, and do something that makes you feel uncomfortable.
TAKE ACTION (17:46)
I recently read The 10X Rule, and it was a good wake up call. I realized that my goals were too small, and I needed to take more risks. Though I work hard, I realized I need to work even harder! I need to continue to generate content like a maniac to get more exposure and connect with more people. I also need to seriously up my marketing game.
I encourage you also to work twice as hard. Don’t listen to the naysayers that tell you to slow down. If what you do gives you enjoyment and you know it will ultimately get you to your goal do it! Still get sleep, work out, eat healthily–but work like your life and happiness depends on it. Work smarter, not harder. I pride myself on getting twice as much done as the average person in half the time. I have a dream, and I will accomplish it. I realized I need to dream bigger because I’ve become the woman I dreamed of being when I was growing up. Now I need to dream big to accomplish what I want my legacy to be. I do it for myself, and I do it for my nieces.
ACTION: Take action today!!
ENTREPRENEUR TO DO LIST (23:48)
If you’re an entrepreneur, I encourage you to do the following:
- Set Goals.
- Start taking actions to achieve the goals (emails, phone calls, call to action social media posts).
- Make sure your product is show ready.
- Clean up your website and social media profiles.
- Start sending out newsletters, and don’t worry about unsubscribes. There are millions of people in the world, and you’ll get other subscribers.
- Put yourself out there and start marketing and making connections. Email and DM people that can make your dreams come true. Don’t be afraid of rejection. A “no” is better than not knowing. Just keep trying and don’t give up.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
|Say thanks with a cup of joe!|
Click here to buy me a cup of coffee!!
Thanks in advance!
- Boss Up!: This Ain’t Your Mama’s Business Book by Lindsay Teague Moreno
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone and Gildan Media, LLC
- Enneagram (RHETI Test)
- Giphy (Type in Studio 78 whenever you’re looking for gifs/stickers)
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.