115. Rug Hooking (aka Punch Needle) as a Side Hustle—Workshops, Art Kits, & a Book
Rose Pearlman is an artist, teacher, and textile designer. With a background in fine arts and a love of well designed functional objects, her creations blur the lines between art and craft and push the boundaries with non-traditional techniques and materials. Rose teaches monthly rug hooking workshops in and around her home in NYC, and also welcomes commissions for one of a kind constructions in decor and home furnishings. Her work has been featured in fiber magazines, galleries, and numerous online design sites.
In this episode, Rose discusses how she built a rug hooking (aka punch needle) side hustle by creating authentic content and collaborating with others. We discuss how she goes about planning her IG feed, why she gravitates towards teaching vs commissions, and lessons learned from selling craft kits. She also tells us about some of her new favorite apps that are helping her stay organized.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- COURSE: Organization and Time Management Techniques to Become a Productive Entrepreneur
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- Oxford Punch Needles by Amy Oxford
- Preview [IG planning app]
- Squaready [Apple + Google Play]
- Purl Soho
- Slidebox [photo app]
- Modern Rug Hooking: 22 Punch Needle Projects for Crafting a Beautiful Home by Rose Pearlman
- Object Art Kits (Punch Needle kits Rose sales on Etsy)
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.