116. Education for Personal Development—College, Masterclasses, Podcasts, and Books
LaKaye Mbah is a fine-art photographer who specializes in editorial style portraits. Using magazine layouts and her client’s personalities as guides, she strives to bring out the best version of everyone she photographs. She photographs women, high school seniors, families, and business imagery.
In this episode, I’ve invited my good friend Lakaye Mbah back (listen to episode 05) to chat about education for personal development. We discuss decisions that go into returning to school and how we’ve both benefited from our college experience. We walk you through other forms of education to include masterclasses, books, and podcasts—of course, we provide you with a list of some of our favorites.
Personal development is defined as activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital, facilitate employability, and enhance the quality of life and the realization of dreams and aspirations. Personal development can take place over the course of a person’s entire life.Wikipedia
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- 05. Achieving Success as a Single Mom + Gaining Clarity on Future Goals with Lakaye Mbah
- Norfolk State University MFA
- University of Baltimore Integrated Design Program (they’ve changed the name from publication design)
- Torpedo Factory (Virginia)
- Skillshare [get access to my class]
- Pat Flynn [Courses + Podcast]
- Marie Forleo [b-school]
- Maya Gaddie
- Package Your Genius by Amanda Miller Littlejohn [course]
- The Portrait Masters Store [podcast]
- Side Hustle Pro [podcast + coaching]
- Pimp Your Brilliance [podcast]
- The Get Paid Podcast
- The Jenna Rainy Podcast
- How I Built This [podcast]
- Support is Sexy [podcast]
- The Shine Online Podcast
- Therapy for Black Girls [podcast]
- The Striving Artist [podcast]
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes [book]
- Must-Read Business, Self-Help, Feminist, and Historical Books by Black Women Authors
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert [book]
- WorkParty by Jaclyn Johnson [book]
- Find Your Extraordinary by Jessica Dilullo Herrin [book]
- Profit First by Mike Michalowitz [book]
- 10X Rule by Grant Cardone [book]
- Atomic Habits by James Clear [book]
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.