117. How to Market and Sell Your Toy Idea
Azhelle Wade has worked in the toy industry for over 10 years with companies like Toys R Us, Party City, and Madame Alexander. She has 3 patented toy products, multiple design awards, and is the host of the Making It In The Toy Industry podcast. This toy industry expert is here to help you prioritize your to-do list, teach you to think like a buyer, and virtually hold your hand during the toy development and launch process.
In this episode, Azhelle discusses the importance of market research, walks us through how to develop an idea, helps us with navigating patents, and discusses the world of licensing. We also chat about strategic marketing, sizzle videos, and NDA’s. During COVID-19, she decided to quit her full-time job and start her own business. We discuss her idea behind the Toy Academy and we had a fruitful conversation on health insurance!
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- COURSES: Check out my new Skillshare course on Milanote!
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy-to-use automations.
|Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel!|
- Liberty Health Group [Health Insurance]
- Forward [Primary care services; monthly fee]
- The Toy Academy with Azhelle Wade
- Click-up [productivity app]
- Trello [productivity app]
- Hubspot [marketing software]
- Calendly [meeting schdular]
- Amazon Scout [Chrome plugin]
- Uber Suggest [Chrome plugin to check SEO]
- Chrome [Web Browser]
- Customizeme [Azhelle costume business]
Facebook Group: @MITTIPodcast Making It In The Toy Industry Podcast Community
Podcast: Making It In The Toy Industry Podcast
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.