121. Tips from UPPERCASE Founder on Running a Successful Magazine
For over a decade, Janine Vangool has been the publisher, editor, designer at UPPERCASE magazine— for the creative and curious. She publishes unique and beautifully designed books on illustration, creativity, crafting, and design. She also designs and sells fabric!
In this episode, Janine chats about how hard work, taking risks, and perseverance allowed her to build a successful magazine. We discuss why she prefers smaller, more intimate communities, her creative process, and how she stays organized. Additionally, she shares why her subscription model allows her to create content specifically for her readers without having to cater to advertisers.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
|Say thanks with a cup of joe!|
Click here to buy me a cup of coffee!!
Thanks in advance!
- Mighty Networks
- UPPERCASE Circle [powered by Mighty Networks]
- Submit to UPPERCASE (current forms to submit content)
- Adobe InDesign [page layout]
- Windham Fabrics [Prints the UPPERCASE fabrics]
Uppercase Magazine – Janine Vangool
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.