122. Switching from In-Person to Virtual Workshops + Tips for Growing a Calligraphy Business
Amanda Reid is the creator and founder of Amanda Reid Designs based in Austin. Amanda has been painting and creating for over 10 years, but fell in love with calligraphy and lettering in 2015 after taking a few classes to DIY her own wedding. During the day, she works in the clinic and hospital setting as a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
In this episode, Amanda discusses how she balances being a physical therapist and calligrapher, why she founded the Calligraphers of Color group, how she developed her pricing, and the importance of marketing. Additionally, Amanda is the queen of creating an experience with her workshops, and she shares with us her process for creating and running them.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Calligraphers of Color – Private FB group + Instagram
- Eventbrite [online events, sell tickets]
- Honeybook [client management software]
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.