131. Finding Your Artistic Style and Voice
Tafy LaPlanche is an Afro-Latina portrait artist based in NYC and Savannah, Georgia. She paints vibrant portraits that embrace the culture of her subjects and who they are.
In this episode, she walks us through her journey and how her experiences developed her artistic style. We also discuss how she began marketing her work, determining her pricing structure, and of course, we had to end with her favorite painting supplies.
30:17 Tips for marketing yourself
37:28 How she determines her pricing
53:58 Favorite Paint supplies
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- COURSES: Check out my new Skillshare course on Milanote!
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy-to-use automations.
|Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel!|
- Archer and Olive [acrylic pens]
- Old Hollands Paints [Flesh Ochre]
- Liquitex Heavy Body
- Acrylic Mediums: gloss, matte medium, retarder
- Linen Canvas
- Japanese Brush Ink Pen
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.