135. Get Comfortable Taking Risk + Opening a Flower Shop
She Loves Me floral shop owner Holley Simmons is the daughter of a seamstress who spent her childhood gluing rhinestones on anything she could find. Her enthusiastic team takes just-plucked blooms and lovingly spins them into flower magic for special events, celebrations, and very important deliveries. They work with in-season flowers sourced from several local, women-owned farms throughout the spring, summer, and fall. When winter comes, they do their best to work with American-grown blooms. In addition to fresh-cut flowers, they offer dried floral arrangements, in-person and virtual workshops, as well as micro-weddings.
In this episode, Holley chats with us about how teaching terrarium workshops took her from working a 9-to-5 to deciding to open up her flower shop. We talk about how the pandemic forced her to learn more about deliveries, why she is moving from her old place and opening two new locations, and she gives us her tips for styling floral photos. We also talk about taking risks, being authentic, supporting initiatives you love, and moments she decided to go for it!
14:24 Thoughts on health insurance as an entrepreneur
25:12 How she approaches her floral photography
25:59 Opening two new stores! The story
33:45 Delivering flowers to seniors initiative during COVID
44:07 What does scary look like to you?
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Nicole Capo – Self Publishing Poetry + How to Stay Motivated [her former employee]
- Magan Adams [Florist]
- Rosa Luxury [DC restaurant + who she’s sharing her second location with]
- Nicole Crowder – Meditation Pillows, Energy Management, and the Power of Collaboration
- E-Myth by Michael Gerber [book]
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.