137. Believing in Yourself + Starting a Sustainable Stationery Brand
Aya Paper Co. is a sustainable stationery brand that creates greeting cards and gifts to celebrate the people and moments that matter most. When Founder and Creative Director SaVonne Anderson began conceptualizing plans for Aya, the earth’s well-being was at the front of her mind. As an advocate for environmental justice, she wanted to ensure that Aya Paper Co. didn’t perpetuate climate change and pollution issues, which disproportionately impact communities of color.
In this episode, SaVonne and I chat about the importance of determining what’s right for you, choosing your journey, and asking yourself: What do you want? She discusses the importance of believing in yourself and being comfortable pitching your business. We also get into how she started her business, why it was vital for her to create a brand with meaning, and how mentors have helped her along the way.
4:58 Why she decided to run her business full-time and the purpose behind Aya Paper Co
26:13 Marketing tips
32:29 Getting a mentor
41:12 Thoughts on the social justice movement of 2020
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Resilience: A Hysterectomy, A Move, and A Divorce [Studio 78 Podcast]
- BOSS UP SERIES: Handling Your Own PR [Myleik Teele’s Podcast]
- Makerhood – Newark, New Jersey [business resource]
- CODE: WELCOME15
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.