144. Goal Setting, Productivity Systems, 2022 Word of The Year
Benjamin’s Franklins quote, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail,” essentially means preparation is key to achieving greatness. And you, my friend, are great! LaKaye Mbah and I discussed why we chose a color and word of the year. We then chat about the importance of creating a plan, what productivity systems we’re using this year, and how we plan to stay on task. We end the discussion with valuable tips to help you have a successful year.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
3:23 Choosing a color of the year
8:20 Choosing a word of the year
14:54 Why It’s important to create and execute a plan
17:30 LaKaye: Why she chose the 12 Week Year
18:43 Nache: Why she chose the 30-60-90 Day Plan
The Plan for 2022
35:48 Giving ourselves grace for the things we didn’t do in 2021
42:47 Tips for creating and executing a plan
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
|Say thanks with a cup of joe!|
Click here to buy me a cup of coffee!!
Thanks in advance!
- Camera Earrings
- Fotografiska Museum in NY
- 139. Defining Your Dream Home + Mid-Year Goal Reset
- LEUCHTTURM1917 – Medium A5 Dotted Hardcover Notebook (Army)
- Color Meanings – The Power and Symbolism of Colors
- The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer
- King Richard Movie “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months by Brian P. Moran, Michael Lennington, et al.
- How to Create a 12 Week Plan That Will Rock Your Goals [article]
- Commit 30 Day Planner
- 30-60-90 Day Plan
- Article on SMART goals
- We Should All Be Millionaires: A Woman’s Guide to Earning More, Building Wealth, and Gaining Economic Power by Rachel Rodgers
When choosing a productivity system, remember it all depends on what you’re trying to achieve and how you’re wired. You may have to try a few before you find one that works, and I recommend trying the one that you think works best for 30 days before moving on to another one. Also, know that you may use one for personal and another for career/business, and that’s ok.
- Bullet Journaling
- Don’t Break the Chain or The Seinfeld Method
- Eat The Frog [book]
- Getting Things Done (GTD) [book]
- The Ivy Lee Method or The Daily Trifecta (similar to the Ivy Method except you chose 3 things instead of 6)
- The Pomodoro Technique [2nd article]
- Zen to Done (ZTD) [book]
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.