146. Virtual Assistant: Choosing One, Becoming One, and Tips for Organizing Your Business
Chynna Benton is a virtual assistant (VA) educator who helps newbie VAs start their businesses and book clients confidently. Several years back, her husbands’ layoff was a catalyst for her to find and create something that would generate extra income. Long story short, six months afterward, she grew a 7k+ per month VA business and ended up quitting her 9-5 job.
Chynna provides a full range of VA tips to include: how to decide what tasks to outsource, choosing a VA, test project ideas, how to prepare your business for a VA, and determining the number of hours you need from a VA. We also chatted about why she decided to pivot from being a VA to teaching people how to become virtual assistants. We end the episodes talking about how you can best organize your business based on what she’s observed as a VA.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
11:55 Tasks to assign to a virtual assistant
17.24 How finding and choosing a virtual assistant
20:38 Test projects for a virtual assistant
22:03 How to prepare your business for a virtual assistant
25:30 Average hourly wage for VAs, why you need a contract, how to determine the number of hours needed
30:20 Why Chynna started teaching the Virtual Assistant Blueprint
34:35 Virtual assistant qualifications
37:05 Lessons from a VA: How can we be more organized in our business
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
|Say thanks with a cup of joe!|
Click here to buy me a cup of coffee!!
Thanks in advance!
- What a Virtual Assistant is and What They Do by Byte Bodega
- Dubsado (Customer Relationship Management (CRM)) Facebook Group
- Honeybook (CRM) Facebook Group
- 17 Hats (CRM) Facebook Group
- Flodesk (newsletter)
- ConvertKit (newsletter)
- Notion (Project Management (PM) platform)
- ClickUp (PM platform)
- Asana (PM platform)
- Toggle (time tracker)
- Free Workshop: 3 Steps to Becoming a Virtual Assistant and Landing Clients
- Jenna Rainey
- Carley Schweet
Byte Bodega – Chynna Benton
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.