158. Creating a Positive Culture + Growing and Building a Team
Alison McNeil has joined us again to discuss how she’s grown McNeil Creative Enterprises (MCE) into an eight-person team! MCE is a change agent committed to sustainable growth and increased visibility of arts and culture in communities. In this episode, we discuss positive company culture and how fair compensation, employee surveys, and company retreats assist with creating a space where people feel valued and respected. We also chat about business forecasting and tips for hiring and letting people go. We end the episode talking about why it’s important for you to invest in yourself.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
13:58 What is MCE?
18:39 How to create a business growth plan
23:19 How to use business forecasting to make decisions
28:21 Why paying employees fair compensation is important
31:09 How to create a positive organizational culture
34:02 How to hire the right people
41:08 Setting up orientations and retreats for your small company
51:17 Dealing with letting people go that aren’t a good fit
1:03:11 How to choose the right clients for your business
1:12:21 The importance of quarterly vacations and mentors
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
|Say thanks with a cup of joe!|
Click here to buy me a cup of coffee!!
Thanks in advance!
- 13. Establishing a Business and Being a Change Agent in the Arts and Culture Sector with Alison McNeil
- Asana (project management)
- Google Drive
- Dubsada (client management)
- QuickBooks (accounting)
- Slack (internal communications)
- Loom Videos (for training videos)
- Goldman Sachs 10000 Small Businesses
- Intercultural Leadership Institute Fellowship Program
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.