163. From Self-Discovery to Success: A Self-Taught Illustrator’s Journey
In this episode of the Studio 78 Podcast, we welcome Kelsie Dayna Kalohi, a talented Illustrator and Artist from Honolulu, Hawaii. With roots deeply rooted in her local upbringing, Kelsie’s work brings fun and joy to everyday life. Although not traditionally trained, Kelsie has always been driven by the power of art as a source of expression. We’ll explore Kelsie’s journey as an artist, her artistic style, and how she balances motherhood with her creative pursuits, even during the pandemic. We’ll also delve into the challenges of overcoming imposter syndrome, diversifying income streams, and the process behind her stunning murals. And to wrap things up, we’ll hear Kelsie’s tips and tricks for Instagram marketing. Join us as we get inspired by Kelsie’s story and the magic behind her work.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
10:57 Finding your artistic style
13:06 Being a mom during the height of the pandemic and balancing creative time
18:07 Importance of building a community to figure out the business side of things
19:37 Ways to diversify your income as an artist
22:56 What marketing looks like for her
25:10 Her creative process for murals
29:37 Productivity: How she finds balance
33:25 Organic Instagram tips
Support The Podcast
- COURSES: Check out my new Skillshare course on Milanote!
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy-to-use automations.
|Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel!
- Adobe Illustrator (illustration software)
- Procreate (iPad illustration app)
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Suite
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.