174. Designing Across Borders: Navigating Business Abroad and Building a Multidisciplinary Design Studio
In this episode, we delve into the captivating journey of Ashley and Michelle Nelson, the visionary founders behind Wanderlust Aesthetic Design Studio. With an unwavering commitment to enhancing and beautifying spaces globally, this multidisciplinary design studio has captured the hearts of design enthusiasts everywhere. Tune in as I explore their origin stories, the inception of their studio, and tips for learning a new language when moving abroad. The Nelsons also share stories and insights into their design work, creative inspirations, and passion for enhancing spaces. This fascinating discussion provides an inside look at the visionaries behind Wanderlust Studio and their continued commitment to beautiful design.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
03:54 Ashley Nelson’s origin story
06:57 Michelle Nelson’s origin story
12:35 The birth of Wanderlust Aesthetic Design Studio
23:17 How to open a business in a country where you don’t speak the language
27:28 Why they decided to go all in and the resources that helped
34:05 Wanderlust Aesthetic’s design style
36:20 How to work with clients all over the world
38:38 Their plan for building a multidisciplinary design studio
Support The Podcast
- COURSES: Check out my new Skillshare course on Milanote!
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy-to-use automations.
|Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel!|
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron (book)
- Morning Pages
- Impact Hub Baltimore
- Be Free Fridays
- Impact Hub Oakland
- Brown and Healthy
- G. Cecil Hats
- Zona Maco (Mexico art fair)
- Art Basel
- Duolingo (learn a language)
- Babbel (learn a language)
- Pimsleur (learn a language)
- Summit at Sea
- The Alchemist: A Fable About Following Your Dream by Paulo Coelho (book)
Wanderlust Aesthetic Design Studio
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.