179. How to Create a Second Brain aka Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) System
In this episode, Naché Snow delves into the creation of a digital Personal Knowledge Management (PKM) system, often referred to as your “second brain.” Gain valuable insights to enhance productivity and memory.
Uncover the powerful synergy between jotting down your thoughts and digital knowledge management, leading to more effective information retention. Naché underscores the significance of self-awareness and habit comprehension as the foundation for constructing your “second brain,” emphasizing the importance of consistent digital data organization.
Embark on a journey through real-life examples of email and web organization while discovering essential questions to tailor your system. Explore practical techniques for capturing, curating, and referencing content. Additionally, learn how to optimize your digital life with invaluable tips on Notion and leveraging popular phone apps.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
04:09 Why a journal, also known as a common place book, still needs to be complemented with a digital knowledge management system.
05:35 The importance of self-awareness and understanding your habits before creating a second brain.
06:48 The significance of consistency in where and how you store your digital information.
08:15 A practical example of how I organize my email inbox.
10:39 A real-life example of how I organize websites I want to reference later.
14:58 Key questions to consider when creating your knowledge management system.
15:50 How I capture and organize items I plan to purchase later.
17:59 Effective methods for organizing articles and their contents.
22:30 Meaningful ways to save and reference social media content for later use.
27:32 Strategies for saving content in Amazon and Audible.
29:01 Using Google Maps to quickly reference places you want to visit or your favorite spots with the save feature.
31:59 How I utilize Notion for personal and business knowledge management.
37:08 Final thoughts on personal knowledge management (PKM) and the role of automation.
Support The Podcast
- COURSES: Check out my new Skillshare course on Milanote!
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy-to-use automations.
|Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel!|
- Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- Notion Travel Planner Template: Plan and Manage Your Vacation Itinerary
- Any.do (phone app for to do lists)
- GetPocket (phone app for collecting articles)
- Mindstone (phone app for collecting articles)
- Notion (knowledge managemetn system)
- Evernote (knowledge managemetn system)
- Trello (visual tool for project management)
- Milanote (vision board app); Naché’s Skillshare course on how to use it.
- Naché’s IG accounts: @nachesnow, @creativeroute (home stuff), @dreamsplansideas (journal stuff)
- Naché’s Pinterest open boards
- Letterboxd (track films)
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.