26. Changing Lives Through Coaching and The Importance of Self Care
Tiko Davis answered the call to fulfill a higher calling for her life by becoming a life and business coach after working as a civil engineer for 8 years. She started out focusing on helping women find their life purpose and now mainly focuses on business coaching.
As a business coach and soulpreneur, Tiko loves “supporting other light workers” by providing guidance on the structural and systematic aspects of service-based businesses. Tiko talks about her career transition from a civil engineer to a business coach and how a health scare has helped her realize the importance of work-life balance and self-care.
- Worked in civil engineering for 8 years.
- After hiring a coach to discover her higher calling, she fell in love with coaching and obtained a life coach certification.
- Started her coaching business in 2013, which focused on helping women find their life purpose and develop faith in themselves to really go after their dreams.
- After a year, other coaches began coming to her for advice, and she made the transition over to business coaching.
- Tiko discusses the challenges she faced her first year in business: getting laid off, living off of saving, investing in coaches to help her, and how working 24/7 literally made her ill.
- Her recommendation for work life balance: (1) be honest about what you need (2) be honest with yourself about how you deal with stress.
- “Self care is not something that you earn it’s something you deserve.” – Tiko
- If you’re a multi-passionate and not sure which idea to start with, just pick one path and give it time to take root.
- Business coaches specialize in different areas; find one that will help take your business to the next level.
- Tiko specializes in helping business put systems and processes in place
- When searching for the right coach, take your time, do some reasearch, and interview several potential business coach candidates.
- Tiko is the Vice President of the Atlanta chapter of FemCity.
- Discusses why she became a vegetarian and a yogi.
- 10 Ways to Get an Extra Hour In Your Day (Tiko’s ebook)
- FemCity (women business group)
- Ashtanga Yoga
- Soul Children of Chicago
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.