40. How to Start a Bullet Journal: A Diary, Planner and Journal All In One
Bullet journaling has become my new obsession, and continuing my quest to inspire others to start their own journals, this week I welcomed Sanae (IG @cursedjournal) as guest to share her methods, tools, and inspirations for her bullet journals.
Sanae has always enjoyed writing and journaling and stumbled upon bullet journaling to organize her life and thoughts. Being the true creative that she is, what initially started off as a series of lists, blossomed into pages of artistry in the form of a bullet journal.
Sanae views her journal as more than art and attributes it with assisting her with self-discovery, inspiration, organization, and creativity. See folks, there’s more to this than just making lists. Sanae shares all this and more in today’s episode, along with suggestions for supplies, just in case you want to add a few things to your Christmas list.
- Sanae lives in northern France, but commuted every day to go to a school in Belgium at the Institute Saint-Luc
- Enjoys art and knew she wanted to pursue a career in that realm
- Started taking photography classes
- Has kept journals for most of her life and has several dating back to her early adolescence
- Sanae talks about how Instagram inspired her to start bullet journaling
- She describes a bullet journal as a culmination of a diary and planner, but it can also be anything you want it to be
- Bullet journal base:
- Monthly calendars
- Yearly calendars
- Day and week pages/spreads
- Collections (essentially a series of lists of anything you want)
- Sanae explains that bullet journaling is helping her analyze herself and record her evolution
- Bullet journaling has helped her with creativity, keeping memories, and remembering appointments
- She used hashtags to generate a 10k people following on Instagram
- Bullet journaling has become her hobby for now but could possibly evolve into something greater
- Sanae explains that fancy supplies are not required to create your own bullet journal; she advises that all you need to do is start
- Other sections of a bullet journal:
- Table of contents
- Future log
- Leuchtturm1917 [notebook]
- HB Pencil
- Staedtler pens
- Pentel Fude Touch Sign Pen, Black, Felt Pen Like Brush Stroke
- Uni Pin
- Tombow Calligraphy Pen
- Micron Pens
- Lamy Safari Fountain Pen
- Flow Magazine
- Instax Printer
- The Life Cleanse Journal
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.