61. How to Make a Living Selling Handmade Home Goods
Danielle Spillman is the co owner of Wood Intimations, a small home goods company that was built on the foundation of love and a passion for people and all things beautiful. They sell kitchen products and custom made tear drop trailers.
In this episode, we discuss how she transitioned from owning a yoga studio to a home good business, how she was able to get wholesale and consignments accounts, and finding your happy.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
- Danielle is located in Northwest Montana; she is originally from the outskirts of Portland, OG
- Late 2017 Danielle and her finance, Hy, started the home good business Wood Intimations that sales kitchen products and wooden tear drop trailers
- We discuss her owning a yoga studio and why she decided to close it
- Danielle began sharing her wood making process on Instagram and people began direct messaging her and leaving comments asking if they could buy her products
- Danielle discusses the process of coming up with a name so she could open up her Etsy shop
- Danielle believes the way she’s pricing her work is reflecting her own self worth; her compass for pricing right now is what feels good
- Wood Intimations currently has wholesale and consignment accounts; she found them by looking for places that she loves; she has also began partnering with other creatives (one is a past podcast guest!)
- To create a look book to pass out in stores a friend of hers recommended Chatbooks; it allows you to create affordable books using images from your social accounts or you can upload images
- We discuss how they are building out their trailer business by going to relevant events to attract the right customers
- Danielle’s advice for finding your happy is to go back to doing what you loved to do as a kid and then keep doing the things that make you happy
- Episode 39: The Art of Making and Selling Handmade Watercolors
- Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood [Poem]
- Almost 30 Podcast
- One Part Podcast
- SW Basics 15% discount – Promo code: SNOW
Wood Intimations – Danielle
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.