61. How to Make a Living Selling Handmade Home Goods
Danielle Spillman is the co owner of Wood Intimations, a small home goods company that was built on the foundation of love and a passion for people and all things beautiful. They sell kitchen products and custom made tear drop trailers.
In this episode, we discuss how she transitioned from owning a yoga studio to a home good business, how she was able to get wholesale and consignments accounts, and finding your happy.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
- Danielle is located in Northwest Montana; she is originally from the outskirts of Portland, OG
- Late 2017 Danielle and her finance, Hy, started the home good business Wood Intimations that sales kitchen products and wooden tear drop trailers
- We discuss her owning a yoga studio and why she decided to close it
- Danielle began sharing her wood making process on Instagram and people began direct messaging her and leaving comments asking if they could buy her products
- Danielle discusses the process of coming up with a name so she could open up her Etsy shop
- Danielle believes the way she’s pricing her work is reflecting her own self worth; her compass for pricing right now is what feels good
- Wood Intimations currently has wholesale and consignment accounts; she found them by looking for places that she loves; she has also began partnering with other creatives (one is a past podcast guest!)
- To create a look book to pass out in stores a friend of hers recommended Chatbooks; it allows you to create affordable books using images from your social accounts or you can upload images
- We discuss how they are building out their trailer business by going to relevant events to attract the right customers
- Danielle’s advice for finding your happy is to go back to doing what you loved to do as a kid and then keep doing the things that make you happy
- Episode 39: The Art of Making and Selling Handmade Watercolors
- Ode: Intimations of Immortality from Recollections of Early Childhood [Poem]
- Almost 30 Podcast
- One Part Podcast
- SW Basics 15% discount – Promo code: SNOW
Wood Intimations – Danielle
Studio 78 Podcast
Stop Dreaming, Start Doing!
Subscribe to get inspired!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.