68. Behave Boldly: Why It’s Important to Chase your Dreams
Elise Russell, the owner of Pony Friday, is about sticking her neck out to win. In 2012, she quit her job as an award-winning advertising creative to be an entrepreneur. It wasn’t a soft transition; she didn’t have a plan. She simply wanted to have more fun and work when she felt inspired, not force her own creative hand in the conventional nine-to-five machine.
In this episode, we discuss how Pony Friday has evolved from only taking contract work to selling merchandise, why she started running the Behave Boldly boot camps and how she got into speaking engagements. We also discuss why it’s important to figure out your priorities so you can change your behavior to accomplish your dreams.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
- Elise’s background includes working in the creative departments of several ad agencies
- Quit her full-time job to own her time a bit more because she was frustrated with the work she was doing and wanted more say in the projects she took on and when she worked on them
- After quitting she became a contractor and called her business Pony Friday; Being a contractor gave her time to figure out what she wanted to do
- We discuss how creatives tend to end up in conventional jobs despite their training to think outside the box
- Elise explains how her team is set up and how they work together
- Though Pony Friday started out as a contracting company it soon began selling bold apparel; Web content was created to let people know that life could be better if you want to be bold enough to chase your dreams
- She started a Behave Boldly boot camp to help entrepreneurs get unstuck
- She discusses how she got into doing speaking engagements and why they are important to her
- Advice for people who feel stuck: look at your excuses and figure out your priorities
- Her top five priorities are (1) herself (2-4) animals — two dogs and a horse (5) PonyFriday
- Keep investing in yourself in order to grow into the person you want to be
Look at what you’re doing and question whether it’s still in line with what you believe–because beliefs change, priorities change, but often we forget to change our behavior along with them.Elise
Studio 78 Podcast
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.