69. How a Plant-Based Diet Can Help Endometriosis
Jessica Murnane focuses on wellness and prevention of illness, in particular, endometriosis, through the use of natural nutritional therapies to achieve optimal health. She is the creator of the One Part Podcast, The One Part Plant Cookbook, and The Know Your Endo Program.
In this episode, we discuss what endometriosis is, the symptoms of endometriosis, and the benefits of a plant-based diet. We also talk about how the skills acquired and connections made in Jessica’s various careers have helped build her current platform and community.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
- Jessica talks about her various careers and how she was in search of finding her thing
- When she discovered she had stage four endometriosis, a disorder in which tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus, the option at the time was to get a hysterectomy, but a friend about eight years ago suggested she try a plant-based diet
- She ended up changing her diet and her lifestyle, which help her systems
- Since it worked for her, she decided to share her journey and tips with others
- Systems on endometriosis vary per person, but some may experience debilitating cramps, fatigue, issues with urinating, and gastrointestinal issues; go to knowyourendo.com for the full list
- Plant-based diet: eating whole grains, seeds, nuts; lagunes, vegetables; avoiding any food that comes from animals
- We discuss the emotional toll and socialization of a diet change (eating out with friends, holiday meals)
- Jessica walks us through how she started One Part Podcast by partnering with several restaurants
- In April, Jessica became the Brand Director of SW Basics, an all natural skin care line
- Jessica states where she is now is the result of every career and relationship she ever had
- If you think you might have endometriosis go to your doctor to get tested, try to stay away from inflammatory foods, introduce more movement (i.e., stretches in bed) into your day, and find a stress free activity (i.e., coloring, knitting) or stress management tools
- Danielle’s Episode on Studio 78: 61. How to Make a Living Selling Handmade Home Goods
- Jessica’s Interview on Can I Park Here?: 017: How to Improve Your Overall Well-Being With Jessica Murnane From the One Part Podcast
- knowyourendo.com – Resource site for endometriosis
- Nutritional Yeast – a non-dairy dietary supplement that has a cheesy flavor; has the consistency of parmesan cheese
- One Part Plant: A Simple Guide to Eating Real, One Meal at a Time [Book]
- The Endo Tool Kit [course]
- The Life Cleanse Journal [CODE: FREESHIP]
- S.W. Basics [CODE: SNOW]
One Part Plant
Know Your Endo
Studio 78 Podcast
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.