73. How To Conquer Fear and Pursue Your Dreams
Jen Proctor is the founder and CEO of Cultivated Entertainment. They work hand in hand with clients to research, identify and secure the perfect talent for various projects. Just before launching the company, Jen was the Head of Talent for Embassy Row, Sony Pictures TV
In this episode, we discuss knowing your worth, getting over a fear mentality around money, believing in yourself, and growing a company.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
- Jen Proctor received a degree in journalism
- Before forming Cultivated Entertainment, Jen worked at multiple agencies, a TV studio, on a daytime show, did some freelancing, and joined a Sony owned production company as the head of talent
- Internships helped her figure out what career path she wanted to follow
- She knew it was time to make the leap when the company she was working for didn’t pay her the salary she knew she was worth
- During the time she took the leap she had a major surgery and she was in escrow on her house
- Things like health insurance wasn’t a fear because she knew to build the cost into her monthly income
- Two months after deciding to launch her business she had her website up, hired her first employee, and had ten clients
- We talk about not having a fear mentality around money
- “You can’t start a business if you don’t fully believe in yourself” -Jen
- Cultivated Entertainment is a full-service talent company, not a talent agency; Their clients are brands, production companies, and networks that hire them to help them look for talent
- Her business was born January 2017; She has almost ten people working for the company; Just started up a New York division of the company
- Jen discusses how and why she decided to hire more people
- She sets a goal and makes it happen based on opportunities that makes sense
- She approaches relationships as an equal playing field making sure it’s clear she’s not out to get anything from someone
Studio 78 Podcast
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.