88. Why Blogging is a Great Side Hustle
Lindsay Ponta is the creator of the blog Shrimp Salad Circus. She started this DIY blog in 2009 to inspire the person who doesn’t think she has a creative bone in her body but is ready to try. Though mostly known for her DIY projects, she’s also into hand-lettering, cooking and baking, and photography.
She has a day job as a social media manager for a nonprofit, but you can usually find her at home snuggled up with her sweet little girl, her hubby, and their two shelter cats and rescue pup.
In this episode, we talk about her revenue streams, Instagram strategy tips, balancing work and life, and her obsession with travel. Other topics include:
- Main revenue streams:
- Sponsored post (working with brands like Fancy Feast, Michaels, and Ikea to create blog post)
- We talk about Instagram tips: photography, finding your voice, and enjoy what your posting
- We discuss developing content and being inspired naturally
- Work-life balance: paying for help, forgiving yourself, and adjusting your schedule
- We talked about her obsession with travel; she has traveled to over 30 countries
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- S78 and Dreamer & Doer mugs and t-shirts!
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using ConvertKit because of their easy to use
- Love my audiograms. Check out
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
Shrimp Salad Circus
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.