91. Disrupting the Skincare Industry with an All-Natural Apple Vinegar Based Deodorant
Founder of Sway, Rebecca So, was always self-conscious about being her best at the end of a long day and the last thing she needed was a deodorant that couldn’t compete with her active lifestyle. She is a mother of two young boys, adrenaline junkie, and executive at a successful Los Angeles based accounting firm.
After spending hundreds of dollars on all kinds of deodorant – drug store brands, clinical strength and natural – Rebecca discovered that nothing on the market could hold up to the challenge. Frustrated with compromise and constantly trying new brands that didn’t work, she finally decided to create her own solution to these annoying issues plaguing most deodorant users.
Through testing of countless brands and experimenting with natural ingredients like apple cider vinegar, Rebecca created an all-natural, detoxifying formula that left no underarm odor or residue, Sway deodorant.
In this episode, we discuss how she developed and tested her apple cider vinegar based natural deodorant, the underarm detox period, and a bit of deodorant education. Rebecca also talks about how she’s trying to bring more attention to underarms by creating products that look beautiful enough to post on social, but also make your underarms look and smell fabulous.
- Rebecca started by handing out 500 samples to friends and acquaintances
- It took her about six months to launch the product
- She attributes Facebook groups as one avenue that provided her support
- Knowing she was entering a competitive market, the first few years she focused on putting the name of product out there and going to trade shows to educate people on why her deodorant is different
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- Donate to the podcast on Patreon and get access to exclusive content!
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.