92. How to Start, Market, and Scale a Natural Skincare Business
As a former lawyer focusing on human rights law, Dominique Boseman is passionate about advocating for people to have access to things that make their lives better. This passion was no different when she discovered how difficult it was to find healthy and effective body care options for her eczema-prone and sensitive skin. It was hard to find products that alleviated her eczema symptoms that were also natural and plant-based.
Dominique turned her passion for helping people into a quest to create beauty products for women of all backgrounds and skin types that are plant-based and toxin-free while still being effective, luxurious and also sensible.
- Dominique, who was born and raised in Chicago, is married with a toddler and now living in Atlanta, GA
- She validated her initial product by attending a tradeshow where her products sold out
- She learned production and how to scale her business by initially supporting one small store
- We discuss strategies for pricing
- We discuss lessons learned from getting into Whole Foods in Atlanta
- She walks us through how she chose what types of products to sell
- We discuss why it’s important for creatives to get an attorney to protect their intellectual property
- TIP: You are your best marketing tool
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support the Podcast
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
Skin Deep Bodycare
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.