93. How to Start an Event Design and Wedding Planning Business
Glory Barbaris is the owner of Always Creating Studio Weddings & Events, a full-service creative event and wedding planning, design, and floral design firm specializing in event design and planning, floral design multicultural weddings, and destinations.
Before starting her event planning business in 2016, she worked in the IT industry as a senior technical product manager/business analyst, in executive leadership roles such as corporate event coordinator, senior technical product manager, web project manager and global marketing and communications manager.
She is also the creator of the Always Creating Blog. And more recently, she founded Always Creating DIGITAL, a social media management and consultancy firm that provides social media, branding and digital content marketing, and web design for small businesses, creative entrepreneurs, and brands.
- After attending a Rising Tide Tuesday Together meetup group she connected with a photographer and volunteered to help out on a style shoot; that began her journey into wedding planning
- Her wedding in 2018 went viral on the net and she was able to grow her following on the blog and also use it as a foundation for wedding planning under the newly formed Always Creating Studio
- Glory walks us through losing her government contract job and pivoting her side-hustle into something that ended up becoming a full-time business
- Foundational Work for your Side Hustle
- Start saving money now so you have a cushion if you need it
- Make sure to have a clean beautiful brand focus website that speaks to the people you’re trying to service
- Find out what your business values are
- Get good at something; practice it day in and day out
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
- Rising Tide Society Tuesday Together DC
- bodamaestra.com (Esme)
- Slack [collaborate with teams]
- Aisle Planner
- clockify.me [track time]
Always Creating Studio Weddings and Events
- Website: alwayscreatingstudio.com
- Facebook: @alwayscreatingstudio
- Instagram: @alwayscreatingstudio, @alwayscreatingblog, @alwayscreatingdigital
- Twitter: @ACStudio_Events
- Pinterest: @alwayscreatingstudio
- Blog: alwayscreatingblog.com
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.