98. How to Find Your Creative Confidence
In 2014, Eileen McKenna made a resolution to be creative on a regular basis and started a blog entitled “My Creative Resolution.” A decade ago she didn’t draw or paint, despite wanting to be an artist as a child. Like many people, confidence in her “talent” was chipped away until she gave up. After having kids she decided she wanted to do something for her. She dabbled in a few classes in drawing and painting which lit a fire.
Since then she’s created a book “Creative Exploration: A Six Week Process for Introducing Regular Creativity into your Life,” videos on how to paint, and several digital downloads.
In this episode, she explains how creating an art blog helped her gained the confidence to get back into painting and inspire others. She also walks us through how and why she built-out courses after a tutorial went viral on Pinterest, her process for developing a creativity book, and why she continues to create simple tutorials for those getting started.
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- THE JOURNAL: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- COURSE: Organization and Time Management Techniques to Become a Productive Entrepreneur
- Donate to the podcast on Patreon and get access to exclusive content!
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- Birch Forest Watercolor Online Video Painting Lesson
- Step by Step Watercolor Seascape Painting Printable Tutorial
- Creative Exploration: A Six Week Process for Introducing Regular Creativity into your Life [book]
- Jenna Kutcher Goal Digger Podcast
- Adobe Premiere
- Eat the Frog [book]
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.