31. Embracing Your Beauty and Finding Balance in Your Fitness and Nutrition Journey
Wrapping up the season on a healthy note with guest Les Alfred of The Balanced Berry. Les is a fitness trainer and nutrition coach who believes all women should embrace their beauty and have confidence in exactly who they are.
Les’s passion for wellness was birthed out of her first experience in the corporate world. After spending eight hours in a cubicle and noticing how depleted she felt afterward, she sought solace in working out, which began to renew her energy. Shortly after, she became a certified personal trainer, building a brand that encourages people to build a foundation in wellness. Les’s perspective and approach to training inspired me to let go of my excuses and hopefully it will do the same for you.
- Became a personal trainer in 2012, training clients before and after work
- After burning out from working full-time and trying to maintain her side hustle, she started a blog
- Merged her hobby of blogging and love for personal training to create an online personal training business
- Success of her online personal training business helped her with deciding to leave her corporate job
- Online fitness programming includes customized fitness plans, but she’s not a huge fan of a perspective process
- Built brand through trial and error but feels it now authentically reflects her
- Social media forums and local community (features on her local news station) helped build her following
- Encourages people to find discover how they are motivated (internally or externally), which can in turn inform the best approach to reaching fitness goals
- “When you take time to take care of yourself, you’re energizing yourself for other areas of your life.” -Les
- A proponent of progressively increasing diet with healthy food options and slowly phasing-out unhealthy options
- Says it’s important to move your body everyday, even if it’s just a short walk
- “Fitness isn’t one-size fits all”- Les
- Her motto is “confidence over comparison”
- Passionate about helping women feel confident and finding that confidence through fitness
- Offers VIP one-on-one training packages with customized training plans and nutrition coaching on her website
- Loves photography, especially food photography (check out the amazing pics she has posted on her Instagram and Pinterest pages, all of which she’s taken herself)
- Can’t live without her NutriBullet
- Recommends using a kettle bell in work outs
- Uses and recommends the RockMyRun app for a good workout playlist
- The Letter Magazine Interview (She recommended Les!)
- Trainerize (software she uses for coaching)
- One Part Podcast
- S’well Water Bottle
- The Finance Bar Interview
- Spirit of 608 Interview
- The Rise of Audio and Video – by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Hydroflask Water Bottle
- Kettlebells (workout tool)
- RockMyRun App
THE BALANCED BERRY
Stop Dreaming, Start Doing!
Subscribe to get inspired!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.