03. Financial Preparedness and Money Mindset with Marsha Barnes from The Finance Bar
Marsha Barnes is the creator of The Finance Bar and the free 5 Day Money Cleanse course. The Finance Bar is dedicated to helping women and couples achieve financial freedom. We discuss how to financially prepare for a new business, money mindset, and needs versus wants. This episode will help you get on track financially in life and business.
- Started with a mobile bus to meet people and discuss their finance journey
- The Finance Bar now has coaching suite
- Marsha has over 13 years experience in the banking industry
- Marsha works for the Finance Bar full-time
- Started out as a non-profit; parts of the business still are
- Earned money through the virtual members club and speaking engagement
- Did not want to be a struggling entrepreneur so made sure her business was thriving before doing it full-time
- Financial tips to reach your goal:
–Ask yourself “How much do you need to survive?”
–What are the things you need for your business?
–You should have a vacation account
–You will need to make temporary sacrifices to get to your financial goals
- We discuss money mindset and taking an internal look at self; who are you surrounding yourself with
- “We’re not enjoying life, we’re enjoying things” –Marsha
- Things change over the years and we need to mindful that what we have now might not be what we want in the future
- We discuss scarcity mindset – holding on to everything you have
- “Attach your life to a purpose” –Marsha
- We talk about people relying on tax refund checks and using that as their saving; Tip: Brace yourself to save it or use it to pay off debt
- Tip: Think about what you NEED for your business not what you WANT
- Invest systems, customer service, how are you going to make sells, and how you’re going to scale
- Focus in on books and podcast
- Financially Preparing To Be Your Own Boss – My Fab Finance – Tonya Rapley (course)
- The 5 Day Money Cleanse – The Finance Bar – Marsha Barnes (free course)
- Go-Givers Sale More – Bob Berg and John David Mann (book)
- Entrepreneur Roller Coaster – Darren Hardy (course)
- The Automatic Customer – John Warrillow (book)
THE FINANCE BAR
Facebook: The Finance Bar
Podcast: Studio 78
Stop Dreaming, Start Doing!
Subscribe to get inspired!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.