Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
What is Notion
Notion.so is an application that provides components such as notes, databases, kanban boards, wikis, calendars and reminders. Users can connect these components to create their own systems for knowledge management, note taking, data management, project management, among others.
My two cents: Notion.so is a project management website. Think Asana, Trello, Airtable, and Clickup rolled into one. To me, it’s like the WordPress of project management websites because it allows you to add a lot of customizations though it does have a bit of a learning curve. However, once you learn it you can easily track all the things! There are tons of videos of businesses, students, content creators, and more using it to get things done.
Pros and Cons
- You can customize the pages and create beautiful layouts. The options on how to structure your content are endless.
- You can use it with your teams
- Easily access content from your phone or tablet
- Ability to create different views of the same database of content: table, list, kanban, timeline, gallery, and calendar. In each view, you can also customize what you want to see using sorts and filters.
- Ability to make templates for your databases making it easy to generate new content on the fly
Cons (my wishlist)
- It doesn’t have as many integrations as some of the other project management websites. For example, I can’t integrate my tasks and events into my current Google Calender.
- I have several different databases that I want to eventually link to one master calendar. Currently, there is no easy way to do this.
- Currently, you can’t color-code calendar entries
- There is no way to enlarge the text. You can change the text font, but not the size.
- I’d love an IOS widget choice that allows me to display tasks
- I want to be able to set reminders on calculated dates (For example. my watering plant page)
- 03:55 Homepage – the setup of Neverland (Inspo: twirlingpages)
- 08:40 Entertainment – tracking movies and shows
- 12:27 Favorite Website – organized bookmarks
- 15:11 Plants – includes equations for watering (Original: Thomas Sanlis)
- 17:50 Business – to include a task list database
- 20:13 Quarterly Goals (Inspo: Jules Acree)
- 21:32 Podcast – how I track Studio 78 Podcast guest
- 26:31 Content – where I plan out content (inspo for YouTube part of the template: Thomas Frank)
- Notion vs. Airtable: Which database app should you use?
- The Only Notion Tutorial you’ll ever need (WAIT, except for mine. lol)
- The Power of Relations and Rollups
Notion Videos that really helped (and most of them have free templates)!
- how i organize my life (notion tour + free template) (twirlingpages) – THIS IS THE VIDEO THAT GOT ME HOOKED
- HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE WITH NOTION! (with template!) (julia k crist)
- 👩🏻💻 Plan with Me for 2021 in Notion | Setting Goals, Creating Systems, Kickin’ 🍑 (Jules Acree)
- The Most Powerful Productivity App I Use – Notion (Thomas Frank) – Great video for YouTubers
- Notion Setup Tour | How I Organize My YouTube Business and Life (Sara Dietschy) – Great video for YouTubers
- My Productivity Business Workflow – Notion Setup! (Justin Tse) – Great video for YouTubers
- Content Calendar 🗓 + Free NOTION Template 2020 | How To Use Notion As A Content Creator (Celine Linesse)
- Content Calendar with Notion (Meredith Marsh)
- notion vs. clickup | tasks, docs, calendar integration & more (Mariana’s Corner)
- 20 things you can organize with notion (Mariana’s Corner)
- Building a productivity system for creative people. Notion and Getting Things Done. (Better Creating)
- my notion setup + tutorial // notion 101 (hermione mode) – More for students
- How I Built a Book Reading Tracker in Notion (with Template)
- How to Easily Embed any Widget Into the Notion App
- 14 Amazing Notion Tips You Must Know!
- Notion tutorial on relations and rollups
- Notion tutorial on how to embed a view-only Google Calendar
- Notion tutorial on how to create combined calendars
More Free Notion Templates
- Free Beautiful Templates by @RijhaK
- Plant Manager Template by Thomas Sanlis
- Free Template Library by Red Gregory
- Free tracker templates from YouTuber Thomas Frank
- 10 Public Notion Templates You Can Magically Copy
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.