25. Wife and Mother of Two Discusses Career in Physical Therapy, Self love and Goals
In this episode, Paulette Sanderlin discusses how she pursued her dreams of becoming a physical therapist, why she’s always been a confident plus-sized women, what she’s doing to get out of debt, and why being a mother and wife makes her so happy.
Although juggling it all can be stressful at times, she manages to keep it all together. Her journey to choosing her career and how she dispels stereotypes of ideal physical therapists imaging is sure to inspire you.
This is another sneak peek into my magnificent circle of friends. Paulette and I met in high school (20 years ago!), and she’s literally one of the most hardworking people I know. Her work ethic, dedication, and passion have all attributed to her current state of living a life she truly loves.
- Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois
- Aspired to become a physical therapist after watching Regarding Henry, starring Harrison Ford
- Followed her dreams and became a Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Defines physical therapy as “mobility” and “movement”
- Enjoys challenge of balancing career and motherhood
- Promotes physical therapy as a career path for those who seek flexibility in career
- Works in home health and contracts services to local health care providers
- Says communication with husband helps her strike a healthy balance between career and family
- “I have no problem waking up in the morning and going to work because I love what I do and I’m taking care of my kids and I love it.” – Paulette
- Has never allowed the opinions of others to impede her image and confidence in herself
- Desires financial freedom within the next five years
- We discussed not giving money to friends and family if you really can’t afford to do so
- Has discovered her passion in physical therapy
- Can’t live without her husband
- “My Husband and I … He’s my partner in crime in everything” – Paulette
- Casts (subscribe to your favorite podcast)
- Regarding Henry (the movie that made her fall in love with Physical Therapy)
- Audible.com (audiobooks)
- Tall Society (episode)
- Facebook: paulette.sanderlin
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.