79. Lessons Learned from Two Decades of #Adulting
On 31 March I turned 41, whoa. I still remember being in my 20s and thinking 40 was “old.” But now here I am 20 years from 21.
I’m very grateful. As my mom ALWAYS says, if you’re not getting older you’re dead. Morbid, but true.
What I love is I know myself so much better than I did 20 years ago. I don’t care what people think, I’ve embraced my weird, and I do what I think is fun. In that time I’ve also done a 180 with my finances, I’m getting better about living a healthier lifestyle, and I no longer kill all plants.
I’ve experienced all facets of love from getting married to having a fur child I adored, to loving and connecting with my five nieces. I’ve also experienced death, disappointment, and regret. All of these things make me who I am today.
This past year alone my dog died, my 16-year-old nephew was murdered, and my grandfather passed away at the age of 85. In that same year, I launched my Life Cleanse Journal, I got to send my niece to an awesome leadership camp, and I traveled a ton. Life has several ups and downs; it’s how we navigate through them that defines who we are.
Here are my biggest takeaways from twenty years of adulting:
- Money is Power
- Don’t Play With Your Health
- Family, However One Defines it, Is Important
- You Only Have One Life, Make the Best of It
- Life Is Too Short to Hold Grudges
- Only Surround Yourself with People Who Bring You Up
- Remove Negativity From your Life
- Don’t be Afraid to Take Risk
- Trust Your Instincts
- Believe in Yourself, Be Your Own Person
- Feedback is Gift (seek it often, but don’t let it define you)
- There is No One True Love (in a world with a billion people, there is someone else out there. You may have had a great love, but that doesn’t mean you won’t find love again)
- Be Kind
- Go with the Glass Half Full
- Forgive Yourself
- The Importance of Leaving the City You Were Born In
- Hobbies are Important
- Your Job and Education Doesn’t Define You
- Beauty Is In The Eye of the Beholder
- Hard Work, Determination, and Persistence Leads to Success
- Breakfast if the Best Meal of the Day
- Laughter Cures All
- Ask for Help
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- Sign up for the FREE Boss Project Virtual Summit. Use my link: nachesnow.com/bossproject
- Donate to the podcast on Patreon and get access to exclusive content!
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using ConvertKit because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
Studio 78 Podcast
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.