79. Lessons Learned from Two Decades of #Adulting
On 31 March I turned 41, whoa. I still remember being in my 20s and thinking 40 was “old.” But now here I am 20 years from 21.
I’m very grateful. As my mom ALWAYS says, if you’re not getting older you’re dead. Morbid, but true.
What I love is I know myself so much better than I did 20 years ago. I don’t care what people think, I’ve embraced my weird, and I do what I think is fun. In that time I’ve also done a 180 with my finances, I’m getting better about living a healthier lifestyle, and I no longer kill all plants.
I’ve experienced all facets of love from getting married to having a fur child I adored, to loving and connecting with my five nieces. I’ve also experienced death, disappointment, and regret. All of these things make me who I am today.
This past year alone my dog died, my 16-year-old nephew was murdered, and my grandfather passed away at the age of 85. In that same year, I launched my Life Cleanse Journal, I got to send my niece to an awesome leadership camp, and I traveled a ton. Life has several ups and downs; it’s how we navigate through them that defines who we are.
Here are my biggest takeaways from twenty years of adulting:
- Money is Power
- Don’t Play With Your Health
- Family, However One Defines it, Is Important
- You Only Have One Life, Make the Best of It
- Life Is Too Short to Hold Grudges
- Only Surround Yourself with People Who Bring You Up
- Remove Negativity From your Life
- Don’t be Afraid to Take Risk
- Trust Your Instincts
- Believe in Yourself, Be Your Own Person
- Feedback is Gift (seek it often, but don’t let it define you)
- There is No One True Love (in a world with a billion people, there is someone else out there. You may have had a great love, but that doesn’t mean you won’t find love again)
- Be Kind
- Go with the Glass Half Full
- Forgive Yourself
- The Importance of Leaving the City You Were Born In
- Hobbies are Important
- Your Job and Education Doesn’t Define You
- Beauty Is In The Eye of the Beholder
- Hard Work, Determination, and Persistence Leads to Success
- Breakfast if the Best Meal of the Day
- Laughter Cures All
- Ask for Help
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- Sign up for the FREE Boss Project Virtual Summit. Use my link: nachesnow.com/bossproject
- Donate to the podcast on Patreon and get access to exclusive content!
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using ConvertKit because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out Wavve.
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.