102. Listening to Your Inner Voice + Balancing Work and Life
Sarah Matthews is a full-time artist and currently teaches bookbinding and printmaking. Her work is a part of the permanent collections of Yale’s Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, George Washington University’s Gelman Library, University of Puget Sound, and Samford University. Sarah named Mary Ruth’s Press after her paternal grandmother, Mary Ruth Bowens, who was an elder, singer, and poet.
In this episode, Sarah discusses finding her passion—bookbinding and printmaking, balancing work/family/school, and taking the plunge to do her passion full time. With four daughters—ages 17, 11, 9, and 3—she’s proof anything can be done with a little hard work, determination, and sacrifice.
- We talk about engaged and disengaged employees and the behavior they exhibit
- Sarah discusses going through postpartum depression after going on maternity leave
- She talks about how a fitness group for moms, Stroller Strides, helped her create connection while being a stay at home mom and how she eventually became an instructor
- We discussed what she’s doing to diversify her income
- Sarahs talks about the importance of being a role model for her daughters by taking the time to do what she loves
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- SKILLSHARE COURSE: How to Organize Your Life To Make Time For Your Passion(s)
- FREE TEMPLATE: Notion for Entrepreneurs, How I Organize My Life and Business
- THE WORKBOOK: It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- DIGITAL NOTEBOOKS: I heart Goodnotes. I’ve created some notebooks and planners for you to try out.
- NEWSLETTER: I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
|Say thanks with a cup of joe!|
Click here to buy me a cup of coffee!!
Thanks in advance!
- Pyramid Atlantic [Sarah’s bookbinding courses]
- Frederick Book Art Center [Sarah’s bookbinding courses]
- Craft in America | PDB
- Sea Lemon [Inspiration]
- Karen Brit Chik [inspiration]tony
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.