80. How to Start a Stationery Business
Catherine Hildner, owner of Kitty Meow: A Creative Boutique, creates and sells beautifully designed paper goods with witty charm or sweet sentiments, retail and wholesale. On her site, you can shop based on your mood, because if you’re anything like her sometimes you feel a little saucy and sometimes ya don’t.
In this episode, Catherine and I discuss how and why she decided to open Kitty Meow Boutique as a full-time business. She also talks about why she moved away from digital invites and doing everything by hand. Other topics we cover:
- Pricing your products
- How to find your customer
- Finding the perfect virtual assistance
- Wholesale and preparing for a tradeshow
- Customer service tips:
- Let them know how excited you are to receive the order
- Tell your customer what to expect next
- Once the order ships out provide the customer with a tracking number
- Follow up to make sure they receive the order and that they love it; ask them if there is anything else you can do for them; ask them to leave a positive review for your business
- Coupon code: KITTYNACHE30
Studio 78 Podcast: Listen + Subscribe
Support The Podcast
- Donate to the podcast on Patreon and get access to exclusive content!
- It’s time to take care of you. Get The Life Cleanse Journal to reevaluate what’s important to you.
- I send my newsletter out using FloDesk because of their easy to use automations.
- Love my audiograms. Check out
- My favorite learning site is Skillshare.
- Greeting Card Association
- Noted: The Greeting Card Expo
- Adobe Creative Cloud [design program]
- Sign up for the FREE Boss Project Virtual Summit. Use my link: nachesnow.com/bossproject
Kitty Meow Boutique
Studio 78 Podcast
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.