12. Eating With Purpose, Female Bodybuilding Competitions and How to Choose a Trainer
Sade Bolarinwa shares her journey to getting healthy and how that led her into female bodybuilding competitions. She discusses the benefits of eating for a purpose and the dangers of not getting enough nutrients when competing or working out. For those looking to get a trainer/coach she provides advice for choosing the right person for you.
We wrap up the episode outlining her goals for 2017, which align with her passions, fitness and health.
Photographer: Kai York (This image was featured in Vogue Italia in 2016)
- In 2013, after realizing she gained weight she discovered her passion for fitness and health.
- While living in Cambridge, England she started working with a cross fit trainer which had her go on a 21 day cleanse.
- In a week and a half of starting the cleanse she started sleeping better after suffering from insomnia for years.
- Eating clean is a commitment you have to make!
- Sade saw some bodybuilders on IG and decided to start competing because she’s someone who needs to work towards a goal.
- In April 2015 she did her first competition and came in 5th out of 300 girls.
- Don’t go in to bodybuilding with the mindset of competing. Instead slowly start going to the gym, getting healthy and then transition into the competitive lifestyle.
- When I body build I eat for a purpose. – Sade
- They say abs are made in a kitchen for a reason. – Sade
- Sade talks about picking the right coach and/or trainer because she now suffers from adrenal fatigue since she was told to eat the wrong amount and types of food.
- When choosing a coach/trainer:
- Make sure the coach is invested in your health. Have a list of questions you ask your personal trainer.
- Remember nutrition is important.
- She talks about starting a podcast on health that will be geared towards women competitors and will include topics on financial health and emotional health.
- We discuss next steps for starting a podcast.
- She talks about how bodybuilders get sponsors and how male competitors cash prizes are a lot larger than their counterparts.
- TIP: 80% diet — 10% lifting — 10% sleep
- 2017 Goals: Start a podcast, create a vlog, and get her pro card
- 5 Questions to Ask a Personal Trainer Before Hiring by Sade Bolarinwa
Free Organization Sheets
It's time to make space for the things you love! These free sheets will help you determine how you're currently spending your time and help you plan your time in the future.
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.